guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Oil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well. .. This is a first

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
borderer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well. .. This is a first
    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 20:53
So that's where my false tooth went!
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 07:59
So maybe someone put the filler cap down on the ground and forgot to wipe it before refitting?
Sounds like limestone, which would crumble fairly easily, granite would be more of a problem.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 01:37
Presumably you didn't find any bits of metal, if so you're OK Big smile

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Death by apathy View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Death by apathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 17:49
I admit to being a nerdy when it comes to doing a bit of spanner twirling...
      I just can't help myself some would say that I 'need help'
But I've just dropped the gearbox oil on my freshly acquired LM2, and in my nerdy fashion couldn't resist having a splosh about in (wearing gloves of course) imagine my joy to discover a piece of gravel has been in residence in my gearbox !!!! 
I'm hoping that it doesn't have any friends left in there, I'm also hoping that it's spent it's time lazing in the bottom of the box. . I don't think that those big munchy teeth in there would have been too bothered by it, any thoughts anyone?
Whilst it looked like half of the Eiger to me it was only actually about 5/32" dia, it looked like the white chipping that used to be so popular in tarmac drives

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic