guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guzzi rider in NZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 14:40
On the subject of hand cranking vehicles, I was watching YouTube clips of North Korean traffic and there is a broken down army ambulance which soldiers are trying to start on the handle. I know they are backward but that was a surprise. Perhaps its belt and braces but still surprising.
kiwi dave View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 00:42
Originally posted by 1TALI 1TALI wrote:

Hi all, I'm a 59yr old rider getting back into the saddle. I've always had twins, airhead beemers (got my R100/7 when I was 19 and completed 2 trips around Australia). I've had CX 500 and CX 650 Hondas (V twins), CB 900, Yamaha 750, Suzuki GS 850, and finally have purchased a brand new Eldorado California 1400. It's an awesome machine that really suits my riding style. Shame I'm currently in isolation with my new Guzzi, the government has us all essentially "locked down" for four weeks in NZ right now due to COVID-19.
I have a few questions for those Guzzi riders who may be in the know:

1. What is the best fuel to run in these Italian beasts, 95 or even a higher octane? 

2. A lack of centre stand is doing my head in!  Is it possible to have one fitted, even an aftermarket one? If not, what brand of stand or lifter is the best? I love to service my own bikes, always have.

3. I've only got the little black (confusing) booklet that came under the seat. Pretty useless, I've heard there is a more comprehensive manual available that explains all the features and characteristics, allowing the rider to use the bike to its full potential. All the electronic wizardry has me just a tad confused - but I'm a fast learner and can read and follow any instructions to the letter. No idea ho to engage cruise control, and it's bloody confusing even starting the engine! You have to squeeze the clutch, engage the brakes, push in this button and then that button. Once all I had to do was put the key in ignition, turn it - and hit that start button....

Thanks in advance ladies and gents, keep on riding!

kiwi dave View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 00:49
Well that didn't work!!!

Contact me at www.guzzigander.com and I can help you with your questions.
Mondonico View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mondonico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 23:37
I too would like to know some things about my brand new 2020 Eldorado:

Cruise speed/RPM/Gear recommendations.  I don't see it in the Manual.

Is there a better and/or online Manual?

Thanks. 

Jeff
Seattle
Jeff
2020 Eldorado
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 20:14
Originally posted by Jerry atric Jerry atric wrote:

On the subject of hand cranking vehicles, I was watching YouTube clips of North Korean traffic and there is a broken down army ambulance which soldiers are trying to start on the handle ...

I'm intrigued - link?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 11:01
For Workshop manuals try Greg Benders This old tractor Guzzi not sure if they have the 1400 ones yet 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 12:34
The only manual I can find, covers the earlier 1400 models.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Graywulf View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 12:42
Hi and welcome from a Wellington Guzzista Smile  tbh, having been through a lot of issues with a tuned (stage 2 Yamaha MT-01) NZ fuel is high sulpher, high aromatics and not the 'best quality'. I only run 95 octane in my bikes. The MT was running lean/horrible even with the Yamaha stage 2 ECU, I ended up needing a fueller to sort the AFR (which the ECU was supposed to do)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic