guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

guzzidiag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guzzwiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 16:55
Originally posted by zrxrob1100 zrxrob1100 wrote:

actually i bought my cables from ebay....are they any good?...cos i have since ordered the lonelec cables which i hope will work ?..

If the USB->OBDII adapter has a chip from FTDI company inside it will do the job very likely. If not it stays unreponsive for GuzziDiag. You can open the little (blue?) box and look inside to confirm the FTDI FT232 marking:

Rudi
presently a modified 1000G5 and a V7classic; (V50PA sold)
Boofbee View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boofbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 18:41
The laptop needs the software to make sure the chip in the cable works properly. With the lonelec cables it automatically loads it. It looks like you get a disc to download the driver with the ebay cables. It won’t connect otherwise. The instructions in guzzidiag tell you when to switch ignition on or off. You’ll know when it works as you see the ecu info in the bottom left corner of guzzidiag. Keep going you’re very nearly there!
zrxrob1100 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 08:42
tried again just now chris,still the same,i even turned off my windows firewall,connected cables,plugged in usb,typed in guzzidiag,scrolled down to von der something,hit that,scrolled down to 5am reader and writer,clicked on windows,red box shows,but no com port at all...will wait for proper cables methinks
r,emmett
paulbricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 10:37
May be useful to post some screen shots of where you are...FWIW (may be different with latest sw versions but I haven't checked !!)..

Guzzidiag (I use old version) should sit in file on laptop like this in windows OS

even w/out cables attached you can just click it & it opens to give this

then connect cables & go File-preferences & see if there is a declared comms port (mine shows this even w/out cables attached)

Once you've got a comms port named you might have to switch cable around to try all available comms ports if you don't know which is which.

I'll look for instructions stuff - there's loads around especially on Griso Ghetto
Griso 1200 8V, V50

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 10:43
Griso 1200 8V, V50
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 10:58
actually the cables did come with a cd but my pc just wont read it,so i tried an external reader,still no good,then in my laptop which i bought just to do diagnostics....still no good,so im sending the cable back with cd,tbh,they were nearly the same price as the lonelec one..
r,emmett
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:01
and when the 1st red box appears on my screen,the one the shows what com,next to the word donate is another box which says "fast init"....weird..
r,emmett
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 12:01
lonelec cables turned up,watching Dragstalgia,thought,lets do it....all cables connected,recognised by my laptop,...no good..im giving up...had enough
r,emmett
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 09:21
HELP,HELP,HELP...can someone please please help...i have managed to get into the system,and done the initial downloads...now,tps reset is where im at..so i need to open guzzidiag ??...what does that mean and how do i do it ??/...can someone please help me as in quickly,or even call me to talk mr thru it...my number is 07824533393..help..
r,emmett
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 11:42
right,think i have sussed it,you have to open guzzidiag on its own,anyway,after much sodding around,i have finally got a reading of 4.50 off my TPS ??,is this correct?...even tho i done a tps reset..is this correct,cos it did not say that the tps was reset ?...how long does it take ?
r,emmett

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 11:47
Ar you sorted yet ?.  Basically TPS reset is the LAST thing you do after servicing the valves/balance/air bleed/throttle cable slack etc. You 100% have to have Guzzidiag open & connected to bike before you do a TPS reset; it's just s simple click on it & does it....all it does is tells the firmware that the throttle is at the standard position (with all other things also 'optimum'); and so it resets the angle that the map looks at & uses to control mixture etc.
Griso 1200 8V, V50
cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 21:50
If I remember right if you twist the throttle the TPS readings will alter. (Increase I think)
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrxrob1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 06:19
hi paul,think i have managed to suss it all,from what i have found out it should read between 4.5 to 4.9,so it should ok,altho it fires up ok and ticks over around 1200,cannot road test it yet as im still waiting for my calipers to be rebuilt from powerhouse,one of the buggas was leaking hence me having to pump lever when i was out...anyway.....diag thing...it did all sorts of things like upgrades etc to my bike,so hopefully all will be well....yeah right...
r,emmett

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 08:00
Sounds same as Griso which resets to 4.7 (basically the closed throttle/engine off throttle position in degrees that the map uses). Don't forget, after valves etc, the most important thing for performance is idle air bleed vacuum balance & medium/high speed vacuum balance - I usually ride around with a pair of vacuum guages connected, tied to dashboard, & set the balance based on average experience. Resetting TPS (& reset learning parameters if you run standard map) before & after tweaking the balance is just part of the bigger process.
Griso 1200 8V, V50
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 08:18
The exact figure will be in the workshop manual.
No, it should not read between two figures, there is an exact number.
Scroll down the list to find yours.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic