guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monza to V50 modification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monza to V50 modification
    Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 20:27
Compared with other makes, MGs seem to have very forward footrests so the more rearward Monza footrests with higher bars might work well.
I use standard handlebars on my V7 Stone and have fitted V7 Racer rearsets - and that combination is very comfortable
Andyb

Silverspur View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverspur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 18:33
Thanks for the ideas.
I'll change the handlebars first and see how I get on with that, then I'll tackle the lower rails if necessary.
Thanks for your help.
huub View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 08:57
even with just the handlebars changed the riding position is a lot easier. 
you might try that first. 
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 22:37
I have converted my Monza for the very same reasons which involved changing the bottom rails, footrests, gear-lever and brake pedal. I also changed the headlight and mounts because the clipons form part of the fairing mountings on the Monza, so not exactly straightforward.

CHRIS 
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

paulbricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 18:19
Sorry, should have said the lower rails aren't same. I recently sold a Lario frame with lower rails & they were same - holes further back
Griso 1200 8V, V50
paulbricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 18:16
AFAIK the Monza had footrest roughly in vertical line of the rear swing arm pivots & a shortened version of the brake/gear lever. V50 (mine at least - Mk3) had footrests just back from vertical with the gear box oil fill hole & longer levers.  There was a post recently along similar lines...anyway, I believe the Monza variants of Lower rails/footrests/levers are more 'rocking-horse sh*t'; whilst 'normal V50' variants are easier to source if you want to move it all forward. 
Griso 1200 8V, V50
Silverspur View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverspur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 16:17

I finally have to admit that I'm too old to comfortably scrunch into the Monza riding position, so I intend to modify it to be a touch more friendly to my ageing frame. 

I've got a V50 yoke so the handlebar changes shouldn't be too difficult but here's the reason for this post:  Are the footrest positions the same for the Monza and V50?  The gear and brake levers appear to be longer for the V50 which would indicate a change of footrest position.  If so, next question: are the lower frame rails the same?

Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic