guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contributions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 08:17
No, just the ability to email through the site - hence my comment earlier.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 08:34
Originally posted by Tarquin Tarquin wrote:

Brian, I have checked your profile and see no email address only the facility to email you.

Is this address visible only to moderators or am I missing the obvious?

Thanks Darryl

That's all I can see.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 08:37
PM the mods and they will give you the address
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 08:44
We had the same situation on another Forum I visit.

People wanted to contribute

The voluntary subscription was set at £3 a year.

The members moaned about this being too low.

So we now have a Subscribe button with a drop down menu with two subscription levels £3 or £10 no more.

Would that be more agreeable to Brian do you think.

Edited by red leader one - 13 Apr 2015 at 08:46
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 08:55
Certainly wouldn't wish to cause Brian any embarrassment or discomfort, but I would like to buy him a beer (or equivalent) for his efforts in setting up this forum.

If he chooses to use his beer money to offset running costs, then good for him, and Cheers!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 09:23
First of all, I'm trying to find out why my email doesn't appear in my profile.

Secondly, after some thought and discussion with the other mods, I will be sending any surplus on to a charity. This year it will be the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, as they are responsible for me still being here.

So I will take money to cover the running costs (I don't charge expenses) and the remainder will go there. I just want to make it clear where the money will go.

If stickers were wanted, I have no problem with the idea, but I don't have the time to organise them, which would include sending them out individually.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
vendetta761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vendetta761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 09:38
all sounds good, I will make a contribution for this year tonight and am happy that any surplus goes to a good cause, thanks again to all concerned.

Lets keep this row on the shoad ! Confused
G5, V11 , Le Mans Mk 2 , Ducati Scrambler , Kawasaki S2A 350 triple, Kawasaki KH400 , etc etc = 4/10 Must try harder .
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:22
Fantastic idea Brian why not get a paypal link is that possible? Also Please from and contributions I believe it would be prudent to leave on the account "In hand" so to speak funds to cover 1 future year and a possible amount to cover any increases due to extra traffic.

It is easy to leave it into a paypal account and if the forum has an e-mail then could we get paypal on that I really believe no one has any issues with this whatsoever no matter what there is not likely to be any massive personal gain worth any worry.

This Forum from the very beginning has been based on Trust and Respect and the need to help and assist each other, Long may it be so, I believe anyone who cannot live with that, "hey don't let the door hitcha on the way out!" LOL

IF it were called for I can get stickers or badges from the same people who make the Tee Shirt logo happy to post them but no point unless there is a call for at least say 50 of them.

After all Ray got Cards done and had Guzziriders Logo Mugs at cost + Postage
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:28
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Secondly, after some thought and discussion with the other mods, I will be sending any surplus on to a charity. This year it will be the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, as they are responsible for me still being here.

So I will take money to cover the running costs (I don't charge expenses) and the remainder will go there. I just want to make it clear where the money will go.

If stickers were wanted, I have no problem with the idea, but I don't have the time to organise them, which would include sending them out individually.

Very happy with that arrangementBig smile
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 07:34
Originally posted by Ken-Guzzibear Ken-Guzzibear wrote:

I believe it would be prudent to leave on the account "In hand" so to speak funds to cover 1 future year and a possible amount to cover any increases due to extra traffic.

It is easy to leave it into a paypal account and if the forum has an e-mail then could we get paypal on that I really believe no one has any issues with this whatsoever no matter what there is not likely to be any massive personal gain worth any worry.

To me, that is the way forward and whilst I and some others have already made a small contribution to help pay for this wonderful facility, it perhaps should be left as a voluntary, non mandatory thing.

That said, if it is made easier to contribute by using a direct link to paypal, I am sure the vast majority would make their £1 donation.

Just a thoughtThumbs Up

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 08:35
I don't think it's possible to have a "donate" button with this forum software.

The forum does have an email - forum@ - but if setting up with PayPal, do you not have to have a specific bank account or credit card registered specifically for that PayPal email?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 09:42

I don't think it's possible to have a "donate" button with this forum software.

The forum does have an email - forum@ - but if setting up with PayPal, do you not have to have a specific bank account or credit card registered specifically for that PayPal email?

Come to think of it Brian, I think you are correct.

Just need a means of people being made aware of your paypal email address somehow without compromising financial security.Thumbs Up

Pigford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pigford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 13:52
I've sent some pennies. Beer

I agree with Ken-GuzziBear, hold back the surplus for the site.
Old & Bold
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 15:19
Re paypal, it can be any account or card owned by the person setting up the paypal account, doesnt need to be a 'club' or group account
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 17:20

This is deliberate to protect you from junk mail and phishing or worse.

"E-mail public" only means (or should) that there is a link that other users can click on to send you an e-mail, the software actually does this, not the user,  because it does not tell them the actual e-mail address to keep it protected.

Bad web robots are trawling web pages all the time looking for e-mail addresses to send advertising junk mail to, or viruses; similarly DO NOT put your private telephone number or postal address on the web.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic