guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Single TB 750 AND V7Mk2 e.f.i. Accessory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pupton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single TB 750 AND V7Mk2 e.f.i. Accessory
    Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 08:12
Please click the link to view details:

Edited by Pupton - 10 Jun 2015 at 11:35
Pupton View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pupton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 09:56
From Mr Barry Joyce. Teddington Middlesex:

Hi Dave!
I bought a new V7 Stone (6speed) in May whenI fell in love after a test ride.
I picked up my bike but after a couple of days I wondered if I had done the right thing. (Perhaps I should have taken a more extended test ride). I had to warm the engine for 3 or 4 minutes before I could pull away without stalling. Even if I just blipped the throttle before warming, the engine would die. Once I was running, the engine was not happy below about 4000 revs. The (aftermarket) exhausts would pop and bang on the overrun.
I decided to join the Moto Guzzi club to see if any others were experiencing the same problems.
When the club magazine (Gambalunga) arrived I saw the advert for Finebauforge and decided to give one of the 8 Jet modules a try as there was an unconditional money back guarantee.
The module arrived in 2 or 3 days (great service) and I promptly fitted it to the bike. This took only about 20 minutes and believe me, I am far from a mechanical or electrical expert!
The improvement was remarkable! My little V7 is now a joy to ride. All the popping, cold starting and uneven running has been eliminated completely.
I have not done any MPG testing yet but my initial feeling is that I am probably getting better mileage than before because I am not constantly trying to keep the revs above 4000 to try and keep the engine in the Sweet Spot. Now it runs sweetly at any revs.
In short, I am delighted! I now have the bike I expected when I bought it.
Thanks a million.
Barry
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 19:00
I note the mention of "aftermarket exhausts", not being factory fitted OEM, will aggravate this behaviour if of the more 'free flowing' type. Less restrictive exhausts tend to make engines run leaner.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
deltic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 00:03
2013 v7 racer had one on my bike for 10.000 miles so far no probs
sonicboom View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonicboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 00:34
So do we have any other people that have used this product?
Twisty rider
Oafski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oafski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 13:02
Got one on my 750 Breva with Mistral Silencers. Told Dave what it was going on and it arrived all set up. Well pleased with it.
OCD- Old Coffin Dodger
"Good Deeds never go unpunished"
Fat bloke on a Honda
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 13:49
Got one on my 2012 Norge, transformed a bike i was going to get rid of after a week into a pleasure to own
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
oldlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 22:21
got one on my V7 11 stone, very good up grade but still not like a pair of well tuned carbs. Steve.
Oulton View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 17:58
Just fitted one of these to my V7 Stone Special, Before it wouldn't run properly with the high level 2 into one pipe with reverse cone mega without disconnecting the lambda. Popped this device on in 5 minutes and now the bike runs great!
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:00
Hi Oulton,
So when you just removed the lamdas how was the fueling?
AndfyB
Oulton View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 13:58
A huge improvement, No warning lights illuminated, Still a little bit of popping and banging on the overrun. Even better with the finbar.
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 16:28
I have removed the lambdas on my 1TB V7 - it has Mistrals with the DB limiters fitted - and am very happy with that set up. I guess I have been lucky.   The Mistrals / no lambda combination seems spot on to me but maybe your exhaust system is less restrive than mine so also needs the FBs.
AndyB
Oulton View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 19:31
Not yet fine tuned the finbar so perhaps even more to come?
Cylvabirch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylvabirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:35
I have an earlier V7 Classic (2011 registration) that has twin throttle bodies. I spoke to Dave Shaw and fitted a Finebau Aeroplus Lite which simply connects between the temperature sensor on the airbox and the ECU. There is no plug into the Lamda circuit.
After a great deal of fiddling to find the "Goldilocks" setting of the dipswitches over many weeks, I have reluctantly disconnected the unit. The bike seems happier without it, and I wonder if somehow the Finebau and ECU were fighting each other.
Just prior to fitting the Finebau I had the TPS reset and latest map updated by Corsa Italiana followed by an extremely careful setting of throttle balance and by-pass flows chez Baldrick using his super-accurate vacuum gauges. As I had the Finebau unit already on order I put it on the bike, but I now think that it was unnecessary.
If someone else with my set-up could advise on how their Finebau dipswitches are set I would be glad to know as from so many positive posts, it seems just to be me that is having problems.
happsy View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 20:26
I have a 2015 V7II with Mistral loudeners on it and have no problems with anything other than I don't get enough time to ride it...
happsy, Moto Guzzi V7II Special.
              Solex 3800 x 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic