guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 22:23
We'll soon find out just how warm, hopefully.

Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 19:45
Yesterday didn't go to plan. Bike out of the garden Panniers and top box fitted. Wrapped up against the cold. Off I go. No I don't Battery is dead No messing about. XT to buy a new battery £54.Then it started raining cold rain. Change of plan. Bit of lunch and off to The Joker. Easy days...
Today installed new battery loaded up and off to the lockup to do the swap.
It's good to be back on the G5 so it is

Cheers
Min

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 20:12
Originally posted by theone&onlymin theone&onlymin wrote:

Yesterday didn't go to plan. Bike out of the garden Panniers and top box fitted. Wrapped up against the cold. Off I go. No I don't Battery is dead No messing about. XT to buy a new battery £54.Then it started raining cold rain. Change of plan. Bit of lunch and off to The Joker. Easy days...
Today installed new battery loaded up and off to the lockup to do the swap.
It's good to be back on the G5 so it is

Cheers
Min

cool as everThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
TheWrongTrousers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrongTrousers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 20:22
I like your convert Min
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 16:13
Spent the afternoon lifting bikes on to sleepers after deciding my initial flood defence of sitting them on breeze blocks needed to be reinforced. Supposed to be no rain but they got it wrong again today!!
Spent rest of afternoon pumping out my below ground Calor tank hole which acts as a soakaway in this weather. The ground is just sodden so may have to spend more time pumping in next few days.
Fishlake is only about 2 miles away in a straight line so floods are not far from us but fingers crossed
Mentioned moving all valuables upstairs but apparently my bikes don`t fall in to this category according to `her who must be obeyed`

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 17:01
Crikey Chris. That's put my problem today of trying(and failing) to get a RE Bullet to run into perspective. Are your bikes insured against flooding or is that "An act of God?" which is often an insurance companies
get out of jail free card?
Anyway, good luck in minimizing the damages.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 18:00

Gave the bike a quick wash down, which generally puts me in the mood for an excursion, especially under a blue sky with bright sunshine ...
which proved a bit deceptive as it was a mere 13c, positively arctic by our standards.
A few bits of residual fig on the sidewalls gave me a couple of small slithers on the concrete road to the pueblo, I crossed my fingers that centrifugal force would come to my aid on the main road.

Just outside Lanjaron, looking towards the Alpujarra valley.

Heading north up the valley I passed through Beznar, which appeared to be asleep,
and paused to tighten the Tom Tom which had reacted to a short blast at 70mph by rotating 30 degrees. Several bikes passed, with waves exchanged.

I had hopes of a hot cafe cortado, or espresso, in Lecrin, but unfortunately the bar was shut. I've not sussed the opening hours here, I suspect they are as variable as the size of a glass of wine, which is closely synchronised with the mood of the barman and the cut of your jib.
The bars here are a national treasure, each very individual, and all very welcoming.
When you enter, you greet the assembled company, and they return your greetings. You are then one of the company.
Just like boarding the Tube at Tottenham Court Road ...

Now usually I make do with a fox's breakfast, but if I'm in town I'll have a combination favoured by many,  cafe cortado, toast with butter and marmalade, and a glass of cognac which would rate as a treble in the UK. After that I'm fairly unsinkable.

Westering home, the sun now on my back rather than in my face, temperature falling ...

Back in Lanjaron, admiring the weaver's outdoor display. Inside the tiny shop are two large weaving looms, and the diminutive weaver, flinging shuttles, treading pedals, hovering and darting like a humming bird, with bolts of cloth hanging everywhere, and some really great colours and textures. Very hard to come out empty handed.

Back up the mountain in the fading daylight, and dropping down the drive into the huge ampitheatre which surrounds the casa, and gives me a clear view to the sea.
Time for a little something ...

iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 19:16
Living la Vida locust, eh?   Long may it continue.  Have fun.
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 20:11
I try to put on a brave face ...

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 20:41
Just like boarding the Tube at Tottenham Court Road
Reminds me of Gerard Hoffnung's guide for tourists.
When entering a railway carriage, make sure to shake hands with all the occupants.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 20:44
Wicked.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 12:05
Yeah an excellent morning as flood warnings lifted but bikes staying up on sleepers for winter just in case

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 14:12
I fired up me 1100 sport carb and 750 xpa both bikes started first time . Both not started since March .Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
philmac View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 14:43
Took the head and barrel off my Airone Sport in the search for 2 or 3 lost ponies. Only possibility so far uncovered is an inlet manifold gasket overhanging the port (reducing the hole by about a third) resulting, I guess, in reduced/turbulent flow into the engine. Not convinced that this is the (whole) reason but am relieved to find everything else looking good so far, and to find 'Sport' parts everywhere. More delving/investigation the next time the temperature allows time in the garage.
Phil
Coventry
850T3 Airone Sport
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 16:29
Fitted temporary petrol tank to Stornello 125 after restoration. Awoke from long sleep second kick. Happy days. 
Will be fitting indicators and mirrors while waiting for DVLA registration

George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 436>
  Share Topic