guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 19:19
Great ride, where did you stay and what was it like . Price?
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 19:49
Stayed at Queens Head hotel in Kelso, very clean and comfortable and with pleasant staff.
Slept like a log, good shower this morning and a huge breakfast before setting off home.Just bunged the cost of the evening meal on to our bill and it came to just under £70 each for a twin room.
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 20:08
Decided against going to Ace, inclenent weather. Spent weekend on Nevada restoration.

jog53 photo for your wife if she has a sense of humour. Possibly applies to many on this forum.

George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 20:16

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

oldlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 21:34
Loaded my V7 into my new Trafic van ready to pick the caravan up and go up to Fort William and follow the 2day pre 65 and Scottish Six Day trials then on to have another go at the North Coast 500. Steve.
Current: Beta Motard M4. Beta Motard tourer. Beta Super Motard. Beta Alp.
Oafski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oafski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 13:01
Originally posted by Oldrat Oldrat wrote:

Spent a chilly hour or so after lunch at the Italian bike day at the Ace cafe. Not many bikes there, and of those only about 50% were Italian. A handful of Guzzis, mostly makes newer models but a lovely old Lodola tucked away in the corner.

Chilly and overcast cast.  Brrrrr

Roll on summer

Most had gone home to get warmed up by 1pm as did I.
OCD- Old Coffin Dodger
"Good Deeds never go unpunished"
Fat bloke on a Honda
Omobono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omobono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 14:51
10 hours on the bike yesterday (from 9AM to 7PM) riding back from Cornwall via Cheddar Gorges. Damn cold at the end. Only stopped to pee and refuel... (that was with the BMW though, with heated grips and seat...).  
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 15:50
Originally posted by Omobono Omobono wrote:

10 hours on the bike yesterday (from 9AM to 7PM) riding back from Cornwall via Cheddar Gorges. Damn cold at the end. Only stopped to pee and refuel... (that was with the BMW though, with heated grips and seat...).  
heated grips best add on I have done in the last few yearsThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 19:35
[/QUOTE] heated grips best add on I have done in the last few yearsThumbs Up[/QUOTE]
+1 👍
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 20:34
had to work all weekend so this evening I got to ride my 1100 sport corsa and I just think I'm so lucky to own such a wonderful guzzi Thumbs Up 
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
GuzziHero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuzziHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 23:14
Nowt.

Waiting for some shim washers so I can carry on with the Griso rebuild (its a case of hurry up and wait with that thing), and the guy with the Sport has managed to fit a throttle cable... since Thursday.

That bloke is taking the absolute piss.  I'm going up to his workshop on Wednesday to find out what the score is, he's had it since the first week of February.  For a dyno tune.  3 ****ing months for a dyno tune.
A tappy Guzzi is a happy Guzzi!
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 06:57
Originally posted by GuzziHero GuzziHero wrote:

That bloke is taking the absolute piss.  I'm going up to his workshop on Wednesday to find out what the score is, he's had it since the first week of February.  For a dyno tune.  3 ****ing months for a dyno tune.

What! I am inclined to agree with you. Hope you haven't paid anything yet?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 08:17
Originally posted by GuzziHero GuzziHero wrote:

I'm amazed at your patience.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
GuzziHero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuzziHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:11
No, not paid a penny.

I don' know what else to do but wait.  I know the guys company is called Retrotune but any bike would be retro by the time he's finished with it.
A tappy Guzzi is a happy Guzzi!
Keef Mayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keef Mayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:49
I did a couple of hundred miles around Yorkshire last week and woke up the next day feeling like I'd been in a wresting match, my excuse is the group I was out with spent too much time in built up areas at slow speeds crashing though the potholes, dunno why I used the lemans as its best when been ridden at a brisk pace, then everything starts to make sense Smile
My biggest ride of the year so far wasn't on a guzzi but on what we called " inappropriate" bikes as 17 of us did LE-JoG, of course we started on the 1st April for what we called "The Daft Way Up". 1,020 miles of the best laugh we have had in ages, The snow on Alston moor was challenging though but the mighty Innova coped easily, just glad I wasn't on a big bike for that bit Big smile

The Mild Ones !
https://www.facebook.com/daftwayup/videos/810940019105901/

Edited by Keef Mayhem - 01 May 2018 at 12:55
So many bikes, so little time !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 436>
  Share Topic