guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 01:20
Went to Boston for cod n chips, which I ate in the cemetery. Also got to meet my new neighbours, as will be! (When I move.) 320 miles round trip. Return journey mostly in the dark and glad to say the X10 headlights are flippin' good. I've done the headlight mod which means low beam stays on when dip switch is toggled to high beam. (While there are 2 x dip lights but only 1 high beam light.) And high beam bulb was changed to a Philips X-treme. Easily as good as the twin H4 Cibie setup I had on the Guzzi which is saying a lot.
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 08:53
You're moving to Boston??? I know several people who have emigrated from there. They went to France where they say more people speak English.LOL
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 09:10
Thought about retiring to Louth, very nice place with a lot going for it plus you get a lot for your money, but such a long way from anywhere.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:14
Originally posted by BobV7 BobV7 wrote:

Thought about retiring to Louth, very nice place with a lot going for it plus you get a lot for your money, but such a long way from anywhere.

But very close to Cadwell Park  Smile
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:17
That was a consideration!Emoticons
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Andy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 14:19
Had a ride to the Yorkshire sculpture park to see the poppies.

' border="0">

Not as impressive as at the Tower last year but a decent excuse to get the wife out on the bike.

Andy

Edited by Andy M - 08 Sep 2015 at 14:23
Andy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 14:28
The bike parking and therefore entrance is free. Go for the country park rather than the main entrance as this is all gravel and less busy. They are using wet grass as overflow car parking but didn't complain when I went and found an empty corner of the main tarmac.

Their tea and cakes are very passable.

The other sculptures are mostly pants. Henry Moore blobs. A rabbit with t*ts. Something brown that made me think they own a large dog Confused

Andy
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 17:56
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

You're moving to Boston??? I know several people who have emigrated from there. They went to France where they say more people speak English.LOL

Yep lots of Polish accents.

David Nimrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Nimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 17:57
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

Yep lots of Polish accents.

That means there'll be some good Polish food shopsThumbs Up

BMW R1150GS (2003)
Harley FXST (1989)
Harley FLHS (1988)

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 18:00
I did see Polish speciality stuff in the Asda supermarket

David Nimrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Nimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 20:52
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

I did see Polish speciality stuff in the Asda supermarket

I do get Kabanos sausages at Asda, two packs for £4.

But mostly it's up to a proper Polish shop, for more...

BMW R1150GS (2003)
Harley FXST (1989)
Harley FLHS (1988)

kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 21:19
Originally posted by Andy M Andy M wrote:

Had a ride to the Yorkshire sculpture park to see the poppies.

' border="0">

Not as impressive as at the Tower last year but a decent excuse to get the wife out on the bike.

Andy

How lovely........
Today I visited me Aunty Sue for tea, I took Stumpy, me customised Mark 2....Happy Days.....
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 21:27
Thumbs Up

Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 22:43
This evening took the Daytona to "Not the Poole bike night" at Bugad in Cranbourne..... you can tell summer is over, the roads were empty, a good ride both ways,empty roads, no caravans, or queues at all, just empty roads
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 21:37
Say Kate I saw somebody today could've been the spitting image of you, was wearing specs tho. Spotted crossing the road towards Halfords and Asda etc. in my local shopping complex.

Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 436>
  Share Topic