guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starter relay Mod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 20:51
i remember having this problem on  a yam xt660 battery appeared fine but when I put metre on battery terminals and pressed starter button the battery went down to 6 volts a new battery sorted it . Been an interesting read this post hope you get bike sorted soon
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 16:29
This is why I was skeptical (spelling? No sceptical) about this "battery was tested with blah blah", Voltage really needs to be checked with a load on, turning all the lights on is often good enough. If fully charged it ought to be able to hold up to 12-something.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 17:57
Well he did say it was only dropping half a volt with the ignition on, or that's what I thought he meant.

Wife's car battery died on her just before Christmas. drove to  a client about 2 miles away, no problem, came out a couple of hours later, battery dead. I took it home and charged it up, showed 13.5v, refitted it, almost no volts. Only 2.5 years old. Batteries can suffer sudden death.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:13
Yes, in the old days they would give a fair amount of warning - I've had several over the past few years that seemed fine one day then dead the next.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Bernyc View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:55
Sorry for the late reply, It is definitely the battery at fault, should be getting the replacement soon, but this is Spain so manana, manana, If it doesn't get here before Thursday, it will be 3 more weeks before I can put you all out of our combined misery and let you know if it works, as we are off on holiday for that time. Thanks again for all the help and encouragement, I will let you know asap. 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 12:36
Best of luck with that.
Brian.

Bernyc View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 16:36
Sorry for the long delay, I know non of you have had any sleep worrying about me and the bike.Got back of holiday a few weeks back, the guy in the local bike shop fetched the new battery to me, only for it to be the wrong one, too big and reversed terminals, so then wait another week or so for the correct one to arrive. I've been today and picked it up, fitted it to the bike and she turns over a treat, not had time to attach the tank etc., but i thought you all needed the good news, that it was the battery after all, never mind, at least I have done all the wiring modifications now. Thanks again everyone, specially all who said it was the battery from the beginning. 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 17:16
Always nice to hear good news.
Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic