guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LM2 Paint Scheme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 08:56
Stucci is still going as http://lgccompany.it/en/
1972 V7Sport "The Racing Rhino".
1972 V7 700cc "The Fire Bike".
1954? Superalce
1954 BSA M33 (to be sold)

Read my blog https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/
hairythinbloke View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairythinbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:57
Yes, interesting one that, they are, but it must now be under different ownership hence the LGC name, have a glance at this. This came from " Lecco online" translated.
 An acquittal and a conviction, although reduced compared to the request of the public prosecutor. Thus ended, late in the morning, the audience celebrated in court in Lecco in front of the Paul Salvatore gup, against Antonio and Louis Frederick Stucchi, father and son called to respond to the hypothesis of cruel bankruptcy aggravated, to followed by the 'crac' of the company they were driving.
The Stucchi Luigi srl in liquidation had been declared bankrupt in 2016 by the judge Dario Colasanti, at the request presented by the Public Prosecutor of Lecco, in the person of the deputy prosecutor Nicola Preteroti, owner of the criminal file. In fact, the concordat proposal put forward by the company based in Mandello, active in the sale and marketing of motorcycles and spare parts, was rejected because of the heavy amount of debts and the impossibility to satisfy the requests of creditors, as well as the absence of prospects for recovery within a reasonable time. 
A father and son, defended by lawyers Luciano Bova and Elia Campanielli, the public prosecution contested several distracting episodes that would have contributed to aggravate the economic situation of the company.
Processed according to the abbreviated rite - as per the request of its defenders - today the judge Salvatore has been called to express himself on the requests of condemnation formulated by the public prosecutor. 
Two years the punishment hypothesized by the deputy prosecutor Nicola Preteroti against his father and a year and ten months for his son. At the end of the council chamber, the gup sentenced the acquittal of Louis Frederick and sentenced him to ten months and twenty days of imprisonment (with the benefit of suspended sentence and not mention) as regards his father Antonio, holding him responsible of only one of the indictments contested.
Satisfaction was expressed by the two defenders at the exit from the courtroom, with the lawyer Bova who reserves - to deposit the sentence - to evaluate the possible appeal in the appeal regarding the partial sentence imposed on his client.
Just because its new doesn't mean it works!
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 12:11
Wow, headache just reading that lol....

Stucchi/Agostini/Guzzi - thick as thieves that lot ;)

Here's a question. Both heads have been stamped with a serial number under the rocker carrier.
You cant see them unless the rocker carrier is removed - anybody have any insight into this?
This is not the same as the "R" number stamped at the top rear of Guzzi cylinder heads. Is this unique to Lemans heads ?
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairythinbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 14:59
yep, sorry about that....  I think the number you are referring to is just the casting pattern number, its the same on T3's, SP's and LM's (all round barrel motors) I'm happy to be told otherwise mind.
Please can you tell me what the R number on LM's heads is that you mentioned, this has passed me by!
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 15:19
Originally posted by hairythinbloke hairythinbloke wrote:

yep, sorry about that....  I think the number you are referring to is just the casting pattern number, its the same on T3's, SP's and LM's (all round barrel motors) I'm happy to be told otherwise mind.
Please can you tell me what the R number on LM's heads is that you mentioned, this has passed me by!

I'll get the pics up when I get home tonight.
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 18:21
Below is the normal Guzzi part number that is cast with the head, this one for a low compression 850/1000 (obviously)

Below is a pic of the "R" Number that appears on some heads, seen these on both LM and normal low compression heads :

And below is the "serial number" that is stamped into the head and not a part of the casting :

Now this stamped number I have not seen on a head before. Both mine have it along with inlet ports that have been machined to look like the channel tunnel - not sure if the machining and serial are related.
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Dukedesmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukedesmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 18:34
Here's a few of mine when I bought it, all original (have fitted a LM1 style fairing now although not changed the colours);

Hopefully shows what you want, let me know if you want any specific detailed pics. 
Le Mans 2
Ducati 916

Ducati M900
Dukedesmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukedesmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 18:41
Here's a few more of the tank;

Le Mans 2
Ducati 916

Ducati M900
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 18:45
Dukedesmo, that is one sweet looking bike....

If you could be so kind as to take a pic of the tank where the seat covers it, also the positioning of that guzzi sticker on the tank, from memory it had soemthing to do with the breaking system  "integrale" or similar?
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 18:47
What shade red is that? Looks very similar to what I have at the moment although pics can look different depending on what monitor you have
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Dukedesmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukedesmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 19:13
Originally posted by Zambuck Zambuck wrote:

Dukedesmo, that is one sweet looking bike....

If you could be so kind as to take a pic of the tank where the seat covers it, also the positioning of that guzzi sticker on the tank, from memory it had soemthing to do with the breaking system  "integrale" or similar?

Here's some more, showing some of the details. The braking sticker is in Italian as I imported this from Italy, not sure if UK bikes had an English sticker or not?

As you can see some paint rubbed off by the seat and some general patina but all original.

As for the red, it's whatever Guzzi used but it's not as 'red' as my 916, more of an orangey shade. In fact I sprayed the LM1 fairing with a Halfords rattle can labelled 'Fiat red orange' and it's virtually a perfect match. Presumably there is some sun fade after nearly 40 years but not much as the non exposed parts are more or less the same. 

Other than the braking sticker there is a 'use Agip oil' and an old service due under the fuel cap that I've not bothered removing.
Le Mans 2
Ducati 916

Ducati M900
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 19:32
The LM2 I rode in the 80's had those stickers, including the Agip one - can't remember there being one under the tank flap though.
Those pics really help thanks. With the help on this forum I have enough info to get this tank back original.

As you can see, my tank is somewhat off original LOL

1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 19:52
This bloke has these reproductions on eBay that weigh in on just over a hefty £20 including postage, way more than I am willing to pay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTO-GUZZI-V35-V502-3-MONZA-V65-V75-FUEL-TANK-DECALS-ITALIAN-LANGUAGE/372264524999?hash=item56acb1dcc7:g:rx4AAOSwX~dWj-Jb
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
ranton_rambler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 06:28
Have a look at "I Say Ding Dong" website. They have a variety of reproduction stickers. They certainly have the Integral Braking one.
Ian
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairythinbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 08:38
Thanks for the info on the "R" number, I'll have a look on mine when I get the chance, I don't recall seeing any though. Do you think it might be a reference to the factory "Engine boostup kit part No. 14 99 97 40" that used to be an option as it sounds like yours has all the right bits?
"I say Ding Dong" with you on that! fantastic stickers, good quality, from all ages. Marzocchi, Brembo, Dellorto, Agip, as well as the linked brakes sticker at very reasonable prices. Just what you need for that little bit of extra detail from the right period.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic