guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Out and About > Good Roads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exmoor gives many smiles per miles.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hughguzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exmoor gives many smiles per miles.
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:15
Somerset / Exmoor good roads
A39 between Minehead and Barnstaple either way ! (watch out for sheep and ponies) but lotsa 'smiles per miles' - but get there via A396 Dunster to Tiverton (not A39 to Bridgwater because its so hard to overtake )  While you are down that way the Cobbaton combat collection is well worth a visit Thumbs Up
There are a few others across exmoor but you can discover these for yourselves !

Enjoy
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 22:19
Thumbs Up
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Android View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Android Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 08:48
Some of my favourite roads Thumbs Up

Many a pleasant hour has been spent out there

but watchout for the 1 in 4 hairpin out of Lynton going west ....cars are really slow going up and there is a danger of stalling if they are in the way and because of the steepness...falling over really bad .
Let a big gap open up between you and cars in front so you have room to keep moving
You can't buy happiness,
But can buy a bike and that's pretty close!
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
stuv65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 13:14
I have a photo of my and my mates bike parked outside The Exmoor Stores in Exford from about 37 years ago.  I keep promising myself I'll ride down there are re-take the photo.

The trouble is I used to live in Dorset, so a run up to Exmoor was 100% pleasure.  I now live in Gloucester so Exmoor means an hour on the M5 to get past Bristol down to Bridgwater/Taunton.
hughguzzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hughguzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 19:31
Quite right Android !! last time i was there a few weeks ago on my Griso, going up Porlock hill,  I nearly got taken out by the back bike of 3 that were hairing it going downhill ! He drifted wide and locked up but held it together just enough to miss me ! Love the cliffside bit going down into Lynmouth but you have to concentrate or its all overShocked
Android View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Android Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 19:54
that cliff road definately needs concentration. Because those rocks at the bottom look hard.
You can't buy happiness,
But can buy a bike and that's pretty close!
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic