guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V50 Oil leak cylinder/block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sorry not a biker! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V50 Oil leak cylinder/block
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:17
My V50 engine sits on the front of a Pembleton three wheeler.
I have a slight oil seepage between the cylinders and the block, not enough to drip, but enough to make the outside of the block oily for about 2" down after about 500 miles. I have re-torqued the head studs and they were all OK.
Is this difficult to fix, should it be dealt with urgently or should I just keep cleaning it off? 
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Martin
I'd fall over if I only had two wheels
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:37
Should be a fairly easy fix even if you have to pop the barrels off as I expect they're well exposed on the 3 wheeler (although I haven't seen one - post a pic?)

It could of course be coming from the breather pipe which comes down from the under side of the head. Do you have a full V50 air filter / breather setup?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Sorry not a biker! View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sorry not a biker! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 13:58
Thank you for that, I have a larger diameter flywheel fitted and so cannot feed the vented oil back into the sump. I have the rocker cover vents piped to an open topped bottle in the back of the engine compartment which, I am happy to say, has only collected about a teaspoonful of oil in 500 miles.
I'd fall over if I only had two wheels
cyclobutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclobutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 14:31
It will likely just need the O rings replaced down there. It's an easy job, but personally I'd probably just put up with it.  
Butch
V50 II - 'The Black Pearl'
T3 - 'Blue'
Eldo Loop - 'Jug'
SurreyFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 18:25
that looks an interesting machine ! 
Spada NT, Monza,750T, T100R Daytona (oops, that one's a Triumph !)
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:02
It does indeed.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic