guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Couple little tweaks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriegmob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple little tweaks
    Posted: 24 May 2018 at 07:36
a couple litttle tweaks to my Nevada classic. Purchased a super bright led lamp, and broke a plastic tab on the black headlight cup, so I got ahold of the chrome plastic one from the V7. Had to cut a whole in the back to fit the led in, but it works. Decided to scrap the fairing to let the shiny stuff show. added chrome turn signals to match up. and painted the valve covers red. 
Swapping the black front mudguard to chrome is next on my list
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 08:27
Looking good.
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 08:31
You've got a very tidy garage
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 16:20
A special shelf for your oils!

Now that is class.

LOL
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Kriegmob View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriegmob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 17:35
That's my one little corner of the garageWink

I was standing on piles of laundry and leaning on boxes of my kids crap while I took that photo, haha!
jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 12:54
I've found a super-bright H4 bulb provides a better beam for seeing with. An LED may be brighter but does not seem to throw a well shaped beam, they don't seem to throw the light onto the reflector.
It may depend on how much night riding you do and whether in urban or rural areas.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 23:36
Yes. Can't use an LED in a reflector designed for a filament. 

I have personally used Philips X-treme, definitely brighter, and bluddy marvellous. There is also the other make, can't remember, night-breaker?

Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 23:46
Philips X-treme Vision.Bloody marvellous.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Kriegmob View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriegmob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 06:26
to be honest, the new bulb is very bright but very poorly focused. It throws light everywhere. But, I rarely drive at night (our summer riding season here in Alaska doesn’t get too dark) and the limited roads in Juneau mean I can’t wander too far away (unfortunately). Probably wouldn’t recommend the led in hindsight - but I do love that it’s just sooo flippin bright. 
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 15:55
Of course could simply be the lamp design is crap. Big smile

No amount of brighter bulb will help.

jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:20
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

Yes. Can't use an LED in a reflector designed for a filament. 

I have personally used Philips X-treme, definitely brighter, and bluddy marvellous. There is also the other make, can't remember, night-breaker?

I've used the Philips and G.E. but have found the various Halfords extra-bright offerings actually better.

From +90% to +150%. The very brightest "showroom" and off-road types (avoid) don't have a good beam and aren't best for seeing with.  The +120% seems best at 2.2X brighter than the stock bulb and doesn't produce that "it's all gone dark" panic when you dip.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 14:24
Higher wattage bulbs should be avoided because they load the wiring even more and you end up with even lower voltage at the filament, resulting in less light.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 15:37
Yes but these aren't higher Wattage bulbs, just better at converting it to light. At least the ones I've got are, as they are stated as 60/55W. Can't speak for the Halfords ones tho.

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 15:39
Appendix: unless you meant avoid higher Wattage bulbs, generally. Big smile

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 19:21
I was referring to this statement.

The very brightest "showroom" and off-road types (avoid) don't have a good beam and aren't best for seeing with.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic