FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Centenary 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centenary 2021
    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:10
can be booked on hotels.com, no payment until you arrive

Edited by Jim Mac - 16 Oct 2018 at 12:16
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Montrosemike View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montrosemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 13:39
Thanks Jim...do you have a website link or address for the place please ?
Thanks,Mike.
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montrosemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 13:33
Going by previous “open house” events,seems like it will be first or second w/e in September.
I contacted MG via The Clan for info but they said dates have not been confirmed yet...
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:26
i stayed in Trattoria Grigna when i was there in June.  i booked a single room, but when i got there found that it was right on side of a busy road and got them to move me to the back of the hotel,  it was quiet so they could do that.  hotel was fine, celan and comfy bed.  good restaurant and under 10 mins to the factory,  

little 'local mans' bar accross the road, good for a quick beer.  the bar in the hotel was fine.   indoor and outdoor restaurnat doing great pizzas and other menu.  10  mins down to lake where there are several good restaurants and bars

has a very secure underground lockup for bikes

i would recommend only if you can get a room to rear
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
saganIsMyhomeBoy View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saganIsMyhomeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 20:00
I'm planning to go, so I'll be interested in recommendations too, Perhaps we can do a block booking and get a discount ;-)

Do you have the dates for it?
Cheers
Mark
Harrogate, North Yorks.

-- present
Guzzi Griso 1100
-- past
MZ TS125 / CX500 / (Piaggio Hexagon) / VFR400 / VFR750 / XJ900 / Guzzi Mille GT
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montrosemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 13:49
I know it's a wee bit less than 3 years away but,going by past "celebrations" viewed on YouTube etc,I reckon it's gonna be prudent to try and get accommodation booked asap and,being as this will be my first trip to Mandello,I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who has been fortunate enough to have been to the area before.
I'm not needing anything too fancy,ie a B&B will be just fine as long as it's within walking distance of the factory if possible.
I've looked at Tripadvisor,Booking.com etc but personal recommendations go a long way in my book so all advice will be much appreciated !
Thanks,Mike.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic