guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 Shocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMVERN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V7 Shocks
    Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 19:54
Hi,
I really like my 2013 V7 special but found the suspension harsh.
I've sorted the forks by installing progressive springs and lighter oil. The rear shocks are currently Hagons, these are only slightly better than standard.
Anyway, rode a Breva 750 today shod with Ikons, the ride was plush.So,are these a longer travel than the V7 or just a lot better than the Hagons?
Thanks,
Paul.
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 20:33
Depends on which Hagons you have and the spring strength and your weight.  Hagons have the spring rating engraved into the spring and different springs are available.  I have Hagon Nitros on my bike and I am not heavy (75kg) and they work fine.  There are cheaper Hagons which do not have adjustable damping.
All shocks seem to take 1000 miles to bed in /loosen off.
AndyB 

Tony-C View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony-C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 17:14
Hi PMVERN, My 2015 V7II was also harsh. As harsh as riding a railway sleeper down a cobbled street full of pot-holes .. !! I have replaced both front and rear suspension. The rear shocks were dreadful, ( Olle, I recall ). I ordered Ikons. What a transformation, tri-rate springs, adjustable ride-height, and four positions for damping / rebound . . . Expensive, but they have been worth every penny. You pays your money, and makes your choice. I have had them on two bikes now. Re-buildable too. Regards, Tony
Tony
PMVERN View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMVERN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 18:56
Thanks guys,
The Hagons were sprung for my weight [still dreadful].
The Ikons look like the way to go, once funds allow...
cheers,
Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic